is the fifth time that I (Hans-Ove Görtz in Sweden) and
my slave labourers (Ted Adcock and Spencer Farrow in USA)
organize the "over the pond" thing. This is not
a COG/GCE sponsored activity - just a - every year - spontaneous thing!
Basically we organize a selection and raise money to cover travel expenses for a fellow member - that will have the possibility to travel to Europe. We aim at someone that have played (or still plays) an important role in COG community and "never" have been or have the means to accumulate this kind of money to make this - a long time dreamed ride in his/her lifetime - happen. We have succeeded so far to accumulate enough money by pledgers offering USD 5-10-25-50/ea to support 1-2 travellers.
Please remember that this thing to have someone to travel over the pond is a spontaneous activity. This is not any COG or GCE pre planned activity - just us who want to participate - with pledges, travel, and support in other ways.
COGers and GCEers can make things happen!
RULES (sort of)
who like to make a pledge and support this idea, can
Selection period will be until midst of February - all activities, dates and nominees will be announced on the COG/GCE-lists - nominations is welcome from January 1st. Contact Hans-Ove Görtz.
Pledge period will be until June 1st.
1. The selected traveller will receive the economic (as much as we collect) support for travel to EU. The selected traveller have to state that he or she willingly will put up his/her own money to cover rest of the travel expenses that may occur. The selected traveller have to make a report of the travel in the Concourier.
2. All collected money - needed for the airfare and some pocket money - will go to the traveller.
Travel period approx 7-10 (seven) days - preferable
arrival in EU (approx June 10th) departure (approx June
23rd). Final decision is made together with the
traveller to suit his/hers needs.
Participation in GCE rally in Sweden, time and place
approx June13-18th near the town Åmål in the county of
Dalsland, is the
purpose of the travel.
5. Decided time span that we (me and the GCE) will be support the traveller (~June 1st - ~July 1st) - time outside that will be personal planning.
6. At this moment we need a bike (in EU) for the traveller and some practical arrangements like insurance have to be solved.
7. The traveller will need a place to stay (several places), incl. some entertaining and food...(pending GOG volunteer).
8. Travel to GCE-rally in Sweden (this is personal travel cost)
9. Participating in GCE-rally (this is personal cost)
10. Participating in COG-rally 2006, Hill City in South Dakota, is highly desired (this is personal cost)
11. Place to stay, incl. some entertaining and food...(pending GCE/GOG volunteer). I have calculated that the traveller ought to have no cost of lodging due to volunteers from the GCE/GOG - w´ll see ´bout that. If You have any additional thoughts and ideas that You want to convey - please step forward and make your voice heard!
GCE members! Please step forward from today and give your support to make this happen.