is the third time that I (Hans-Ove Görtz in Sweden) and
my slave laborers (Ted Adcock and Spencer Farrow in USA)
organize the "over the pond" thing. This is not
a COG/GCE sponsored activity - just a spontanious thing!
Basically we organize a selection and raise money to cover
travelexpenses for a fellow member - that will have the
possibility to travel to Europe (or US). We aim at someone
that have played (or still plays) an important role in COG
and "never" have been or have the means to
accumulate this kind of money to make this happen. We have
succeded so far to accumulate approx 1300 USD (2002 and
2003) by pledgers offering USD 5-10-25-50/ea. Please
remember that this thing to have someone to travel over
the pond is a spontaniuos activity. This is not any COG or
GCE preplanned activity - just us who want to participate
- with pledges, travel, and support in other ways.
COG ers and GCE ers can make things happen!
RULES (sort of)
who like to make a pledge and support this idea, can
Selection period will be until end of February - all activities, dates and nominees will be announced on the COG/GCE-lists - nominations is welcome from December 15th. Contact Hans-Ove Görtz.
Pledge period will be until end of June.
1. The selected traveller will receive the economic (as much as we collect) support for travel to Europe. The selected traveller have to state that he or she willingly will put up his/her own money to cover rest of the travelexpenses that may occur. The selected traveller have to make a report of the travel in the Concourier. The namelist of all pledges will be published, by Hans-Ove in Councurier, at a later stage.
2. All collected money will go to the traveller.
Travel period approx 7-10 (seven) days - preferable
arrival in Europe (approx july 3rd) departure (approx july
14th). Final decision is made together with the traveller
to suit his/hers needs.
Participation in GTR-rally, time and place TBD, is the
purpose of the travel.
5. Decided time span that we (me and the GCE) will be thinking to help (~june 30th - ~july 16th) - time outside that will be personal planning
6. At this moment we need a bike for the traveller and some practical arrangements like insurance have to be solved.
7. The traveller will need a place to stay (several places), incl some entertaining and food...(pending GCE volunteer).
8. Travel to GTR-rally (this is personal travelcost)
9. Participating in GTR-rally (this is personal cost)
10. Optional participating in FIM-rally 2004 in Arnhem, The Netherlands, july 8-10th (this is personal cost)
11. Travel from GTR-rally (FIM-rally) (this is personal travelcost)
12. Place to stay, incl some entertaining and food...(pending GCE volunteer). I have calculated that the traveller ought to have no cost of lodging due to volunteers from the GCE - w´ll see ´bout that. if You have any additional thoughts and ideas that You want to convey - please step forward and make your voice heard!
GCE members! Please step forward from today and give your support to make this happen.